Remar Safety Services (R.S.S.) have fully qualified trainers who carry out training courses to provide your employees with the skills and knowledge to work safely, these include:
Confined Space Awareness Training
A confined space can be any space of an enclosed nature where there is risk of death or serious injury from hazardous substances or dangerous conditions (e.g. lack of oxygen or poisonous gases)
Our instructors are qualified in City & Guilds Emergency Rescue & Recovery in Confined Spaces and Confined Space Rescue Team Certified.
This 1-day course that is designed for individuals who may be required to work in a confined space, whilst using escape breathing apparatus. You will learn to appreciate the risks associated with entering a confined space and how to conduct a thorough Confined Space Risk Assessment
This course is carried out on the client’s premises, to enable a realistic work environment and includes both hands-on and classroom learning, an outline is below
- Confined Space Identification
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Management
- Atmospheric Monitoring
- Equipment and Procedures
- Appropriate PPE and RPE
- Access and Egress Methods and Equipment and Emergency Rescue Procedures
At the end of the course all delegates will have a questionnaire to complete to test their knowledge during the course. A certificate will be awarded to each attendee on successful completion of the course, which will be valid for 3 years.
- The Confined Spaces Regulations 1997, apply where the assessment identifies risks of serious injury from work in confined spaces and state that any person wishing to work in a confined space must be adequately trained.
These regulations contain the following key duties:
- avoid entry to confined spaces, e.g. by doing the work from the outside;
- if entry to a confined space is unavoidable, follow a safe system of work; and
- put in place adequate emergency arrangements before the work start
- The management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999 require employers and self-employed people to carry out a suitable and sufficient assessment of the risks for all work activities for the purpose of deciding what measures are necessary for safety. For work in confined spaces this means identifying the hazards present, assessing the risks and determining what precautions to take
Remar Safety Services (R.S.S) Confined Space Awareness Training complies with the standard set by the HSE
Breathing Apparatus Training
Breathing apparatus is highly specialised equipment and it is a requirement that wearers are adequately trained. Our course covers all aspects from donning to after cleaning and includes all types of Breathing Apparatus. The course is suitable for Industrial operatives who work in environments where hazards exist that require breathing apparatus.
Our instructors have vast experience using Breathing Apparatus, for over 24 years, in both the Fire Service and the private sector. All instructors are certified by the manufactures Scott 3m – Sabre for Operating, Maintaining and Instructing in the use of their equipment.
This 1-day course will include both classroom learning and practical exercises to ensure that all candidates successfully complete the course. An outline of the course can be found below.
- Expectations and Limitations for Wearers
- SCBA Scott 3m Set
- Location of BA Sets – if required
- Pre-Donning Checks
- Donning and off Donning Procedure
- Air Management
- Post Donning Checks
- Airline Trolley and Escape Set – if required
- Communication including Radio Usage
- Practical Exercises
At the end of the course all delegates will have a questionnaire to complete to test their knowledge attained during the course. A certificate will be awarded to each attendee on successful completion of the course.
Refresher Courses are also available subject to Terms and Conditions.